[SEDXC] NOTE: A pointer for the GQP that might be ignored..

Chaz Cone w4gkf at chazcone.com
Thu Apr 10 18:00:25 EDT 2008

I was confused about this; maybe I'm not alone.

I thought, as a Georgia operator, that I could work another station
in Georgia and get QSO points only once per band.

But, in truth, you get QSO points for Rover stations once per county
per band.

My logging program wasn't ready for that (it is now :) and I'm
wondering if other logging programs are aware of this rule.

Programmatically, dupe checking usually happens when the callsign is
entered.  But if the callsign is a GA rover, the program has to set a
flag that the same call is  "possible dupe" but won't know until the
county is entered.

Just a point of concern.  I checked with Mike and the scoring program
DOES give GA stations a QSO point (or points) for each combination of
callsign, band and county -- even if the callsign is the same from
county to county as it is with Rover stations.

Just tryin' to help...

Chaz W4GKF
2008 Georgia QSO Party (GQP) Awards Manager