[SEDXC] Stand-by generator

Ken Reid ken at kenreid.com
Mon Aug 4 09:39:43 EDT 2008

Hi Group,
I have one of the Honda 200 generators.
When I lived in FL I used it to keep a marine aquarium going for a
few hurricanes.
It would also run the frig or a small ac unit but not both. The
neighbors never heard it going and it sipped 1 gallon in about 8 hrs.
I eventually bought a Northern 10k portable generator and a 200 amp
transfer switch. We left FL before I ever put gas in it.
The portables are LOUD, but with the local permit nazis the price of
a true standby generator was close to 20k.
FYI- the little Honda delivers perfect power-computers,radios etc.
In the shack I have a deep cycle battery BU which I ran off of for
field day HF at 50 w for about 2 days with no problem.
73
Ken
KG4USN

Studio  404.881.6487