[SEDXC] Honda Generator Group Buy

Mike, ND4V nd4v at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 19:39:07 EDT 2008

Guys,

Looks like the juice ain't worth the squeeze......

Dave Bruse (W4DTR)was exploring the 1000w model.  He was good enough to
share his research with me.  Looks like you can do almost as well ($34.00
difference) on a one at a time basis as with the group.  And if the 1000w
version will fill your need, you can save a bunch .. See the following
e-mail......

So unless there is a ground swell of interest later tonight, I'll abandon
the group purchase idea and let everyone fend for themselves.

  73, ND4V

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = =
Mike,

FYI - I called Mayberry and Steadypower for pricing because I was curious.

EU1000i
Mayberry = $649/delivered
Steadypower = $659/delivered

EU2000i
Mayberry = $879/delivered
Steadypower = $874/delivered

Add $20 for the cover.

Both units can be attached to a second unit with a parallel cable to double
their capacity.

It is still a deal to purchase a group of them, about a $34 savings per
unit.  It is just not as good of a deal ($240 savings per unit) as John
Miller's email leads you to believe ($1080 EU2000i + $20 cover verses $860
for both).

If you don't need the EU2000i, the EU1000i is $230 cheaper without the group
deal.  Buying the EU1000i plus the cover compared to the group deal
purchasing the EU2000i is still $191 cheaper.  So it is really double the
capacity for $191 to $230 more depending on the deal.

It's up to you but I don't know if it is worth all the trouble to collect
everyone's order and money just to save $34.

Please don't get me wrong.  I DO really appreciate your offer to the GARS
members including myself.  I am just trying to help with what little
research I have performed.

73 - Dave Bruse (W4DTR)