[SEDXC] Desecheo

Carl carlh at wb4znh.com
Fri Aug 8 19:00:32 EDT 2008

Ok, I think it is time for an end to the secrecy since it is not a very
closely held secret anyway.
The Fish and Wildlife Service has sent a letter, apparently to everyone
who has ever inquired about operating permission from Desecheo Island.
The deadline for the Special Use Permit applications is August 15, or 45
days from the date of the letter which was dated June 30th.
There are a large number of groups busy preparing applications or who
have already submitted theirs.  I strongly suspect there are at least 3
different groups within the Southeastern DX Club alone.  Someone from
the PVRC has been inquiring at the Woodbridge, VA Ham Radio Outlet about
support for a Desecheo DXpediton.  Goodness knows how many different
applications there will be by the 15th.
Whoever the successful applicant is, I have some valuable information to
share with that applicant (after I am not chosen), and I would hope that
IF I were the lucky winner, that anyone who had information which would
help me would provide it freely.
Good luck to all of you applicants!  and 73, Carl