[SEDXC] Announcement; RAEM Contest This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 22 15:24:50 EST 2008

Hello all:  Below find an announcement of the RAEM contest this weekend.
  QRZ.COM will give your mailing address coordinates so you can complete
the exchange of serial # and coordinates.  This is a fairly well
supported contest in Russia and there is always a lot of 80M activity.
I call this to your attention particularly because the WA7BNM web page
sends you to a page that is all in Russian and this link will give you
the rules in English.  RAEM was the ham call of Ernesk Krenkel, a radio
operator hero of the Soviet Arctic, who was given the commercial call
sign he used during the Arctic expedition as a reward for his heroism.
I worked him on a number of occasions and have his QSL in my collection.
  73, John, K4BAI.

Dear Friend,

Year 2008 end is fast approaching meaning that the most memorable event
for all true CW Operators is coming: “Ernst Krenkel Memorial” –
International Contest RAEM . The uniqueness of the contest is in
non-trivial number exchange that requires operators to show their true
CW skills.
We invite you to participate in this exciting event. If you love CW
please come on the air and support the contest. Even if you can’t spend
all of the 8 hours please consider making a part time effort - that will
be greatly appreciated by all contest participants. Taking a part in the
contest will be one more opportunity to pay tribute to the famous polar
explorer/radio operator Ernst Krenkel. The Contest Committee is looking
forward to receiving your log, that will help with more accurate scoring
and decision on the contest winners.
The contest will take place from 02:00 till 09:59 UTC on the 28th of
December 2008. The Contest Rules are available on SRR web site at
http://www.srr.ru/CONTEST/cup_raem_engl_08.php

Software supporting this contest:

TR4W: http://tr4w.qrz.ru/
N1MM Logger: http://www.n1mm.com
AALog: http://www.dxsoft.com/aatest.zip

Your comments and photos are very welcome.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see you in the contest.
73!

RAEM Contest Committee