[SEDXC] Need Parts To Build A Remote Switch for Balanced Line Feeds

Clark Macaulay clarkmacaulay at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 11:59:34 EST 2008

In order to increase my DX covereage so I can get to Asia, I'm putting up a second wire antenna: a doublet fed with balanced line.  I'm also converting my G5RV from coax feed to ballanced line to reduce the losses on the WARC bands (so it becomes a 102 ft doublet). Now I need to switch the lines to my tuner and would like to do it with a remote switch so there is only one line into the shack.  As near as I can tell, no one makes such a critter.  What recommendations do you have about the type of relays and where to get them?  Power I run is typically QRP to 100w but I would like to have the capacity to run up to 1KW.

  73 de Clark ke4rq