[SEDXC] Need Parts To Build A Remote Switch for Balanced Line Feeds

Ernie Zingleman ks4q at zingleman.com
Fri Jan 25 13:07:26 EST 2008

Clark,

I'm sure you know that there are a lot of coaxial remote switches.  I've not
seen one for balanced feeders.

It would not be too difficult to build one out of a pair of SPDT vacuum
relays.  Alternatively, you could use a pair of remote coaxial switches and
switch them in tandem.  This would allow you to keep one antenna to be
completely isolated from the other.  Yes there would be a little bit of an
impedance bump in the switches and you would lose some signal there but I
still think it would work.

Ernie  KS4Q