[SEDXC] 2nd Annual North Georgia Antenna Launcher Contest

Norman Schklar norman at schklar.com
Tue Jun 24 11:48:35 EDT 2008

Yes, again this year during ARRL Field Day in Lawrenceville, we'll have an
antenna launcher contest.

Last year we had several participants, and a good time by all.

Earl Whatley, AF4FG, GARS Vice-president will again be the rule provider and
final judge.

We will have two separate first place awards this year.  One for those with
pneumatic assist and those without.

Distance is not necessarily a determining factor.  Accuracy, speed, follow
through and presentation will all be considered.

The contest will take place about 3:00pm on Saturday June 28th.  Give or
take problems getting Field Day started.

To be eligible, you have to show up.  First place can go to licensed Amateur
Radio Operators or their immediate family only.

The prize is Bragging Rights for a year!

Field Day is June 28 and June 29
We'll be at Rhodes
<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=100%20E%20Crogan%20St%2C%20lawre
nceville%2C%20ga>  Jordan Park on the far side of the lake.

Field Day begins at 2:00 on June 28th this year!

Please notice the interesting Field Day articles
in the Garzette! http://gars.org/garzette/2008_07_GARZETTE.pdf
Thanks David and those that contributed!

Norm Schklar, WA4ZXV, President

Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society (GARS)

Norcross, GA

770-840-9664 cell 770-313-9410

http://www.gars.org <http://www.gars.org/>

Join us for "Field Day" June 28-29, 2008
See the web site for details!