[SEDXC] Best Operating Procedure for GQP

Jeff Carter sedxc at hidden-valley.com
Mon Apr 6 17:16:54 PDT 2009

John:

That's what I thought, too, but then I noticed that I hear a lot of
in-state stations on 80m during the day.  I know there won't be any
ionospheric propagation at 80m during the day, but considering the
sunspot situation, there's very little of that as it is anyway.

I'll probably take your suggestion and work 20m at least a little
while during the daylight hours in order to give DX stations a chance
to get my county, and then switch to 80m after the grayline
propagation dies on 20m.  I don't think 40m is a good choice for me
because of the SW broadcast stations that share that band.  My little
station would get lost in the clutter in a hurry.

Thanks for the input,
Jeff/KD4RBG