[SEDXC] GA QSO Party, This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 7 12:50:24 PDT 2009

Hello all:  Please consider this a personal plea to get on the air this
weekend as much as your other responsibilities allow, and operate in the
annual Georgia QSO Party.  All information is available at
http://gqp.contesting.com/
Georgia stations, this is our chance to shine and show that GA stations
are a meaningful force.  Give out contacts and multipliers (your
county).  AL and SC guys are welcome to come to GA and operate or stay
home and work GA stations.  You will find that there is a lot of 40M
activity during the daytime and contacts on 80 are possible.  NY4N/M
will have a rig monitoring the 80M CW (3545) frequency all the time, so
you can call him on that frequency or call CQ on that frequency when he
is running on 40 or 20 and he will respond.  Please "talk it up" and
let's make this a contest to remember.  We have commitments for activity
from all 159 counties this weekend.  Who will be the first to make a
"sweep" of all 159 counties and who will give out that coveted "last
county?"  It has never been accomplished before, although W9IU worked
154 of the 158 counties that were activated last year.

Remember that 160 and 6 meter QSOs are now permitted.  A free logger
developed by W4GKF for GQP is available for download from the website.

NOTE:  Italian hams are conducting emergency communications as a result
of the recent earthquake on 7045 SSB.  This is our suggested 40M CW
frequency.  The communications emergency may be over by the weekend, but
it would be a good idea to stay a few kHz above or below 7045 kHz when
there is any propagation to Europe.

There will be a lot of mobiles, fixed stations and portables QRV in the
contest.  Also, there will be a multi-multi operation from the NQ4I
contest station in Spalding County signing the club call for the amateur
radio club in Griffin, K4HYB.  Who can work them on all bands and modes
160 to 10M?  There are plans for at least one low power M/M station, as
well.  How many counties can you work some of the mobiles in?  W3DYA/M
is coming over from TX to join in the fun!

Thanks for any help you can give.  I look forward to working you from my
home station and from W4AN/M (the SECC club call) with KU8E.
73,

John, K4BAI.