[SEDXC] Radio Shack

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 5 15:14:06 PDT 2009

Years ago Radio Shack was a "real" amateur gear and electronics parts place.
I have a 1962 catalog that looks like an Allied radio one with all the gear
and parts.  Hams have been the CEO in the past say 20 years and that is why
the started radioshack.com (some remember the store on Buford Highway that
took over part of the original Home Depot).

I bought a lot of stuff there and when they closed they sold MFJ and
Ameritron for 1/2 off.

Now the parts are mostly in a cabinet in the back of the store.  You just
have to go look for yourself.  I have the last catalog they printed (2002)
and have bought stuff to repair amps.  They have dropped ham gear and even
kits and the sales people only know cell phones.  They don't want to be
bothered with parts or shielded wire questions.

Dave K4JRB