[SEDXC] "Netbook" computer to operate contesting radio

Tom Dooley tjdooley at comcast.net
Thu Aug 20 19:32:34 PDT 2009

I have a Asus 901 that I have used for almost a year.  I upgraded to 2 megs
of memory at Dayton.  I run the LP-Pan for the K3, my e-mail, internet for
research, N3FJP for logging and using a Winkeyer for CW and the processor is
running happily at 70%.  My only complaint was the small solid state drives,
and the keyboard was just a little too small.

I got one of the 1000HA's and I have exactly what I want from the netbook.
It has the same processor, with a larger screen and keyboard.  It also has a
large enough hard drive, so I am happy.  Go ahead and get the net book, and
you will be happy.  It's not a super duper high power machine, but it does
what I want quite nicely.

73
Tom
K4TJD