[SEDXC] ARRL 160M Contest

Paul Kelley W4KLY w4kly at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 7 05:30:49 PST 2009

This was my first real experience working 160M.   Prior to the contest
I had worked only 3 states.  Thanks to advice from Bob, W2WG and with
the help of a tall pine tree
I installed an inverted "L" with four elevated radials.  At the end of
the contest I had 48 states logged missing only ND and AK for WAS.
Thanks, Bob, for recommending the inverted "L" . . . it works great!

Stats:

QSOs = 173
States = 48
Sections = 67
Countries = 4
Total Score = 25,986

Rig:  Icom 7600 & Ameritron AL-80B @ 500W and MFJ-986 Differential-T tuner.

Most
of the operating time was Friday evening 10pm to 2:45am and Saturday
11pm to 1:30am.  Greatest moment was making the final contact Friday
evening at 2:44am with KH6LC.

Now, how do I get ND and AK?

Paul Kelley W4KLY