[SEDXC] K5D

k4hb k4hb at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 11:04:19 EST 2009

I'm at 300+ and until yesterday, I didn't have KP5 on any band/mode. I will try to work them on every band/mode that I need. Once I get a band, I will not try for another mode on the same band, if I already have the mode. The best thing to do if you want them, is get in the pile and hammer away. That's what I do with wire antennas. Things will be much easier during their second week, so it's much too early to have negative hope.

>From reading their web page, I don't see where anyone going for more bands/modes is not honoring their request. Not unless they already have a certain band/mode.

This is from their web page...

QSO philosophy...because Desecheo is so very rare (#6
worldwide, #3 in Europe and # 2 in Asia) there are many, many hams
worldwide that need KP5 for an all-time new one.   Therefore, we are
asking that you not contact the Dxpedition on any band/mode that you
have confirmed from a previous DXpedition.   This will allow the people
who really need a new DXCC entity a better opportunity to get through
the pileups.

 73, Hal K4HB
http://www.k4hb.comhttp://www.Hi-TechRedneck.comhttp://www.k4hb.com/postage.html     (\____/)
     / ¤ _ ¤ \