[SEDXC] k5d on 15, 12, and 10

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 23 19:31:36 EST 2009

Hoping to get K5D on 12 SSB I was excited to see a pile up for them today at
2100Z.  I listened on 24987
and for over one hour all I heard was a whisper.  I did hear K4SUS and W4GF
calling them (did not hear them QSO).  Later they appeared on 28495 and my
MUF program said nope.  All I could hear was South America calling.

On 15 SSB they were loud on 21295 so I went there to work them and heard the
op work W4FOA.  I called once and the signal went to S3.  I did hear John,
N4TOL calling.  They went from S3 to zip in seconds.  This was about 2210Z.

I need them on 12.  Looks like for 12 and 10 its several hours earlier than
2100Z to Atlanta.

Dave K4JRB