[SEDXC] Comm Port Problems

Jack Nelson jack.nelson at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 15 11:01:01 EST 2009

Good morning. I have been using N3FJP logging software in the stand along
mode. Now I'm using it with my K3. When the K3 was turned on, Comm7 was
selected by the pc. I made sure the baud rate, data bits, parity and stop
bits matched with the software, all was fine. However, the next time the K3
was turned on, I got messages saying the comm port couldn't be found. When I
checked the pc and the software, everything matched exactly. I finally to
things to work again by manually selecting a different comm port and making
sure the pc and software matched. It work....until the next time I turned
the K3 off and on again. Same problem, I had to manually select another comm
port.

Note: While I was trying this with N3FJP, I also tried it with HRD. Same
results, both software packages would either work or not work, and manually
changing comm ports usually resolved the problem.

>From the above, I'm assuming it's not a software issue, and it happened to
both. That leaves the laptop. It's a one year old Winbook TL-35. I've
checked for updates but so far no luck.

Any ideas?

73's Jack  K5FSE
Treas  QRP ARCI