[SEDXC] Working PJ2T

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 8 19:59:56 PDT 2009

I was busy on Friday night and came down with a sore throat and fever on
Saturday.  I did use my Yaesu barefoot to work PJ2T on 40 and 75 (Mike ND4V
op).  My voice was nearly gone on Sunday
but using the voice keyer I worked PJ2T on 20 on the first call.  15 was a
different story.  Chaz, W4GKF was operating and I heard several in South
metro work him directly but at my QTh they were sounding like back scatter.
I finally turned on the Henry which I have working on 17, 15, and 12 and
Chaz heard me after a couple of calls (beaming due East over North Africa).

As last year with TI50DX, I then settled on 10 (again barefoot).  Using my
voice keyer I worked a page of mainly South America starting at 2155.   They
as well as PJ4G were being worked by K1TTT, W3LPL, and West coast but not
even a whisper here. At 2220 I started hearing them and when they reached S7
I worked them at 2228. In 20 minutes they were almost pinning the needle as
was PJ4G and P40A.
I worked a few more stations but when TI8M wanted a repeat I used my real
voice (a big mistake) and had to find some cough medicine.

I set my sights on working them on 160 and could hear them well on the K9AY
receiving loop.  I loaded up my 40 meter beam which usually works Ok for USA
and called them on 1834 and finally 1865 but they called CQ in my face.
They were S8 on the K9AY and 10 over on the loaded beam. A fellow in NC told
me I was S9 there but guess 90 watts is still QRP especially when you don't
have a real 160 TX antenna.

I gave it the old college try and finished with Q's on 75 to 10.  Sorry
gang.

Dave K4JRB