[SEDXC] ''Sandy Donahue, W4RU''

mike combs k4lms at bellsouth.net
Tue May 5 17:17:03 PDT 2009

I just wanted to say to all....

I first meet Sandy in Orlando, Florida while searving with the Strategic Air Command, McCoy Air Force, between 1962-1966.  A bunch of young guy used to get on 75 meters in the afternoon, and Sandy was a student at the University of Florida,  He operated with the call of WA4ABY if my memory serves me right.. Also I think the University may have had a radio club also and he operated there sometimes... Sandy and I had a mutial friend by the name of John Furlow, WA4BMG, from Winter Park, and the three of us would chat daily on 75 meters.  Sometimes seeing Sandy at Amateur Radio Supply there in Orlando..AES was a big attraction for all the guys.
After the Air Force and some colleges, and moving to Atlanta, I started seeing Sandy again at the local hamfests.  He got very involved with the ARRL and represented all of us ''Hams'' with diginty and pride. To sum up Sandy Donahue, there is a phrase in the Air Force called, ''Esprit de Corps,'' which means one who has ''Morale, camaraderie, cooperation and Fellowship ..This is what Sandy stood for while representing us all at the League !!
I will surely miss my Great Friend, God Bless,

Mike Combs - K4LMS
Lawrenceville, GA