[SEDXC] TX3A activity

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 18 15:48:39 PST 2009

TX3A was on 21.285 this afternoon but I got there at 2230Z and he was
getting weak.  My propagation program showed they should peak in out area
about 2135Z and disappear (MUF drops below 21 mhz) at 2245Z which is exactly
right.

TX3A went to 18143 and he started with one transmission at 5/5 then in the
middle of working a N7 he dropped to a whisper never to be heard again.
Several West Coast spots showed him there for another few minutes.  At 2300Z
MUF drops the Pacific out above 16 Mhz.  Not a good path for 20 either as
Long path peaked ay 2120Z but appears good until 2205Z.  This is the best
band with a SF =77 at that time.  FK8CP was on below 14150 at 2200 at 5/7.
The 5W was 579 on CW then.

The MUF can shoot back over 18.500 mhz at 0230 to 0345Z.  This is the
opening that I worked KH8SI on 17.  He was surprised to hear a W4 over W5
and W6.

Dave K4JRB