[SEDXC] IRCs

Ian Kahn ak4ik.ian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:37:54 PST 2009

All,

Thank you for the kind answers and references regarding IRCs.  I actually
had a very pleasant conversation this morning with the postmaster at my
local post office.  He actually chuckled when he heard what I'm looking for
and mentioned he hasn't heard about IRCs in about ten years.  He did,
however, reassure me that he will order some for me and call me when they
arrive next week.  I mentioned to him that his supervisor on duty last
Saturday actuall told me "We don't do that" when I asked about IRCs.  I even
had the printout of the Postal Service International Mail Manual,
which clearly states that any post office does, indeed, "do that."  I also
asked to make sure the clerks in the post office would know how to validate
them when I pick them up.  The postmaster said he'd make sure they are
trained.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

73,

Ian, AK4IK