[SEDXC] Bands dead and ZY0T

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 17 17:49:58 PDT 2009

The bands above 20 went dead early tonight (2330).
No chanve for K4M on 12 although they are listed working JA's.  W6's report
NIL there.  The 15 CW signal was fair and disappeared mid transmission at
2324Z.  On 20 all I hear is a few West Coast types and KP4.

ZY0T finally listened on 7150 but his transmit frequency 7052 is QRMed by CW
and digital.  I called a few times and he did come back "romeo bravo" once
but I did not hear him for about 5 minutes.  He seems to be working mostly
South America at 2345Z.  A couple of Europeans were worked but a OM5 posted
that he had 1.5KW and 2 ek beam and after 2 hours zero QSO.  A PY4 asked
them to go to CW as he said on SSB they are deaf.
They are also on 3787 but its very noisy and they are
almost below the noise level.  Several stateside are calling but usually
there are better conditions later on both 80 and 40.  I heard a DL5 work
them on 75.

Dave K4JRB