[SEDXC] WF4W GQP Score from Jenkins County

Tad Williamson ironbutttad at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 14:01:18 PDT 2010

 Georgia QSO Party

Call: WF4W
Operator(s): WF4W
Station: WF4W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jenkins County
Operating Time (hrs): 16.25

  160:     26       0
   80:    134       0
   40:    244       0
   20:    140       0
   15:      1       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    545       0  CW-Dig Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 56,680

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I returned to Magnolia Springs State Park in Jenkins County, but this time I
rented a cabin.  The tent has become too much of a pain.  Anyway, conditions
were not very good, but I managed to top my score from last year and the year
before in Seminole county.  I took a couple of hours off each day to eat and
take a nap because the bands were not very great.  Sunday things picked up a
little and thanks to K1ZZI for spotting the "band opening" on 15 meters Sunday
afternoon.  I increased my total by one Q, grin.  Thanks to all the stations
that stuck with me while I dredged your calls and exchanges out of the mud.
I was using my K3 with an Off-Center Fed Dipole in an inverted Vee config with
the apex at about 90 feet in a pine tree.  The one thing I did notice, was I got a lot of dupes this year--I guess around 20 or so.  One guy worked me three times on 40 meters.
73, Tad, WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

The Grateful Dead

Truckin'