[SEDXC] South East Contest Club Team Competition for NAQP CW and SSB, 2011

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Sun Dec 26 13:22:21 PST 2010

Hello all:

The National Contest Journal sponsors a couple of fun, mostly domestic,
contests in January.  Teams of two to five members may enter the team
compeition.  SECC would like to enter a number of teams in both events
at all levels, full time and part time, low power and QRP, experienced
and rookie operators.  The heart of the teams will be SECC members, but
there is no distance limitation or membership requirements, so any one
will be welcome.  If you want to ask a buddy who doesn't have his own
team to join, pass the word along.  I will register the teams late
Friday before each contest begins on Saturday.  Team members must be in
the single op category.

1.  CW.  1800Z Jan 8 to 0600Z Jan 9.  10 hours maximum out of the 12
possible.  Half hour minimum off times.  Exchange is Name and State,
Province, or NA country.  Non North American station send just name (or
"DX" if your software requires something in the QTH box).  Muilts are US
states, Canadian provinces and areas, and North American countries.  See
the rules for details.  Mults count per band so there is a lot of QSYing
to other bands for QSOs and mults.  160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10M.
Maximum power:  100W.  QRP entries (5W or less) will be identified in
the results.  Note that this year there will be a conflict with the ARRL
RTTY Round Up. This conflict happens only about every 10 years, but this
is one of the years, so 40M CW may be difficult this weekend.  Move down
the band to get away from RTTY QRM.  No reason not to make CW QSOs
between 7100 and 7125 kHz also.

2.  SSB  1800Z Jan 15 to 0600Z Jan 16.  Same rules.

I will try to be QRV full time (10 hours) on each mode. Who else will
join in and be on a SECC team?  Lot of fun for all.  E-mail me ASAP.
Remember, if you sign up for a team, you are committing with the other
team members to be QRV as much as other circumstances permit. If an
emergency comes up, let me know right away as I can change the teams up
until the contests start.  Also, you are committing to submit your log
to the NCJ sponsors as required by the rules.  We can be very
competitive.  The more teams we have in this area, the more QSOs we can
all make and therefore the more fun we will all have.

Happy New Year to all.  73, John, K4BAI.

Check the WA7BNM contest calendar for full details, log submission rules
and dates, etc.