[SEDXC] GQP update Feb 21

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 09:42:57 PST 2010

Hi,
I hope all enjoyed good propagation for the weekend contests...
Send the logs... put your SECC club affiliation in the entry.

This is the GQP update for week ending Feb 21, 2010.

The GQP power point presentation has been updated for use in 2010, and is available for download at:
http://gqp.contesting.com/index.htm    (6MB file size)
Please use this at your club or group, it is self explanitory, and can be chopped into sections to fit your time.
Or, a note to ne4s at iham.us will get a GQP teamster scheduled to your event...
We will try our best to get someone there.

Here are the reported on-the-air plans that came in last week.

Larry, K4PIC, will be jamming from Jackson.

Bruce, AA4Z will be emitting ergs from Effingham.
(Nice to get a border county covered, tnx)

Bill, KC4AA, will be blasting from Baldwin, from home.

Emil and Susan, WA4FYA and KD4TWC, will be making either echoes from Echols.

Doug, AG5I, will be wailing from Walker, part time.

Cary, K4JAK, will wage war from Ware, some time on both days.

Adopt an orphan county! Go to... listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
and send us with a note with your call, and GQP plans.
This link is also on the GQP web site.

See http://gqp.contesting.com/CountyCoverage.htm For posting list and map.

The GQP Team is swinging in to action for April 10/11.  Here is the quick report:

Chaz, W4GKF,  has the plaque and gavel program in  great shape.  He writes:
"I'm proud to be managing the gavel/plaque program for the Georgia QSO Party for the second year.
It helps the world-wide reputation of the GQP to have great awards delivered in a timely fashion - and that's my commitment.
Good luck to all this year!"

Skip, K4EAK, is down to the last couple of bonus prizes for neighbor states, and is looking for local sponsorship from those state clubs.
Many club contacts are being made by Skip in this effort.

Lee, WI4R, is well into the email reminders.
"I sent the 468 in the first list and got about 25 bad ones. I'll have the
438 from the second list gone in a day or two."
Lee puts out the notice to QST, and several calendar sites.
(These notes only go to folks who sent in a log, or who made contacts in GQP, it is not a scattergram. de Mike.)

Greg, NM2L, has been working county contacts and County Hunter connections.
His efforts have filled in a lot of the map so far.

Jeff, KU8E, will swing into action at game time.
Rover plan advice from Jeff will help activate the most counties and make rover trips more productive.

John, K4BAI, will again handle paper logs.
This is no small task.  He and Jeff also update contest reflectors for GQP
John also is our "consiliere", keeping us on a true path.

My part is Log/Score/Certs/Publish after the battle.
Prior to the fray, I try to keep the team members aware of who is doing what.

Gordon, K4OD, is our correspondent from the trenches.
He will be looking for a new metaphor for his dispatch from the battle zone.

Several of the activities can overlap, like the mailings, but we try to keep it minimal.
I hope anyone who has suggestions, questions, or help to offer, contact one of us, or pop a note on the reflectors.

I am proud to be working with all the GQP team, and the club officers and members too!

Thanks,
73,
Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 2010 is on April 10, 11th, Join the party.
See gqp.contesting.com !
Be well