[SEDXC] Announcment: New Mid-Week Contest Activity Begins Next Week

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 7 19:38:32 PST 2010

Hello all,
The first CWops on-air activity will be the January Mini-CWT contest.
It's a fun event for only 60 minutes on a Wednesday. We'll sponsor this
event every month on the second Wednesday. It's open to members and
non-members.
Here's all the details. It's also on our website under "Events."

*Monthly Mini-CWT Test *

These events will be 60 minutes in duration and held on the second
Wednesday of each month. Only 3 bands are to be used – 20, 40, and 80.
Suggested frequencies are from 018 to 028 kHz up from band edges, plus
or minus as activity dictates. There will be 3 events at times that
favor different geographic areas on this same day. A member can
participate in any or all of these. Each of these is also open to
non-members. It will be a good opportunity to meet other CW fans who may
be interested in CWops membership.

*Purpose*: Meet and greet and show activity on the bands. It’s a good
public relations opportunity for CWops for those who haven't heard of us
yet. It’s also an opportunity for interested non-members to garner the
required nominations for membership.

*Times:* Beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2010, and on the second
Wednesday of each month at 1100 - 1200z (favoring Asia/Pacific); 1900 -
2000z (favoring Europe/Africa); and 0300 - 0400z –Thursday (Wednesday
evening in US/Canada).

*Exchange*: Call CQ CWT. Send: QSO serial number, name, and CWops member
number. Non-members will send QSO serial number, name, and Transmitter
power with a “w” following the number (e.g. 100w). This will allow
most operators to use a general-purpose logging program or a paper log
if necessary. A dedicated CWOPs module has been written for N1MM by
Nick, NA3M. It will be included with the next N1MM update. We expect
other logging programs to follow suit shortly.

*Power: *QRP: 5 watts or less.* * Low-100 watts or less. High-over 100
watts.

* Scoring:* The final score can be calculated by counting 1 point per
QSO (work a station once per band only) and multiply total points by the
number of unique calls worked. If you had 75 QSOs with 40 different
calls, your score is 75 x 40. State which power class: QRP, LP, HP.

*Reporting:* Members report scores within 48 hours on our CWOPs
reflector. Non-members can email score to kz5d at aol.com
<mailto:kz5d at aol.com> No logs please; we will use the honor system No
awards presented, simply a listing by score each week on our website and
reflector.

I hope you'll jump in one of the 3 time slots, or even all 3 at least
for some QSOs. See you then.

73,

Art KZ5D

__._,_.___
Reply to sender
<mailto:KZ5D at aol.com?subject=Mini-CWT%20contest%20is%20Wednesday,%20Jan.%2013>
| Reply to group
<mailto:cwops at yahoogroups.com?subject=Mini-CWT%20contest%20is%20Wednesday,%20Jan.%2013>

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cwops/message/456;_ylc=X3oDMTMzdGs5bTAyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM0NTYEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjYyOTE0MjIzBHRwY0lkAzQ1Ng-->
(1)
Recent Activity:

    * New Members
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cwops/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnNDZ1bnVnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwRzdGltZQMxMjYyOTE0MjIz?o=6>
      92

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cwops;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMXQyOWxmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyNjI5MTQyMjM->
Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cwops/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNnRzbDhjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyNjI5MTQyMjM->

MARKETPLACE

Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14k4agqfi/M=493064.13814333.13821539.13298430/D=groups/S=1705063108:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1262921423/L=/B=7RkJAEPDhC8-/J=1262914223289312/K=VKVYUr0yFhvP8BKhrAtoUg/A=5922843/R=0/SIG=11ckn2mo6/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/green/>

Yahoo! Groups
<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJlamM0amdqBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTI2MjkxNDIyMw-->

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:cwops-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,