[SEDXC] Contest SuperSuite Annoucement for Orlando Hamcation February 12

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 25 08:38:02 PST 2010

John,

I wonder if I might prevail on you to forward the note below to the SECC
membership. I've emailed CQ-Contest at contesting.com and the FCG lists,
but would like to share it with the SECC directly for the benefit of
those who might miss it otherwise.

vy 73,
Chris WF3C

The Florida Contest Group and Yaesu are pleased to present the very
first Orlando Hamcation Contest SuperSuite on Friday, February 12 at
6pm. Come join us at the Orlando Hamcation, which is rapidly becoming
the second-largest hamfest in the United States, in what is arguably the
best part of the country to spend a February weekend.

Friday night after the hamfest activity at the Fairgrounds is over, slip
over to the American Legion Hall at 2101 Lee Road in Orlando just five
short miles from the hamfest. Enjoy free pizza, $1 beer and soda, and a
CW copying contest with prizes for top overall entry as well as top
entrant licensed <10 years and top entrant <30 years of age. In
addition, come steal the secrets of the top FQP mobile teams at the FQP
mobile slideshow and partake of some of that famous Florida hospitality
in the Sunshine state, where it is presently 73 degrees and sunny. It
will be just like Dayton but with better weather!

For directions from the hamfest to the American Legion Hall visit
http://tinyurl.com/FCGDirections

In addition to the hospitality and socializing, The FCG is pleased to
announce that we'll be raffling off a brand new Yaesu FT857D to one
lucky ham. This compact mobile radio covers 160M to 70cm (including 60M)
and would be a great starting point for a winning mobile entry in the
2010 FQP! Best of all, you need not be present to win. If you just can't
slip away from shoveling snow in Vermont or Minnesota to come to
Orlando, send money for your tickets via PayPal to WF3C at
cgp at alumni.wfu.edu. You will receive a return email confirming your
ticket number and will be contacted via email or phone should you be the
lucky winner. Tickets are only $5 apiece, or 5 for $20! Additional
prizes for the raffle include a copy of the 2010 ARRL Handbook and the
2010 ARRL Antenna Book.

You will have an opportunity to purchase tickets in person at the Yaesu
booth at the hamfest all day on Friday and Saturday morning, at the
SuperSuite on Friday night, and online until February 12th at midnight.
We will draw the winning tickets at the Yeasu booth at the hamfest on
Saturday, February 13 at 3pm.

For more information on the FT-857D visit http://tinyurl.com/FCGRaffle
For more information about the Orlando, FL Hamcation, visit
http://hamcation.com

Remember that there are less than 90 days until the 2010 Florida QSO Party!

73, and I'll see you at the Contest SuperSuite!

Chris Plumblee WF3C