[SEDXC] DX Breakfast Recruiting

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 08:01:54 PDT 2010

Our DX Breakfast for beginning DXers is coming up soon-the 27th of March at
Mack's high tech shack.  The SEDXC Executive Committee is going to be there
to work with our guests, and hopefully all of them will become dynamic new
SEDXC members as well as avid DXers.

We have a great chance to do some last minute recruiting for the breakfast
because of the Kennehoochie hamfest this Saturday.  The weather looks good,
so there should be a good turnout.  If you are working the SEDXC booth,
please use your DXers Spidey sense to identify those who have been bitten by
the new DXer fever.  I will have invitations to breakfast at the SEDXC
table.  Please talk up the breakfast-which will beat IHOP hands down-and
invite the person to come.  Give him or her the flyer, point out Mack's
address on the flyer and the RSVP email address.  We need the RSVPs to have
the right amount of food and material on hand.  Feel free to tell them that
Mack has an amazing shack and we will have SEDXC members there willing to
help them get into the DX aspect of the hobby.

Speaking of that shack, Mack has said several times he would be glad to have
any member visit him-just give him a call to set up a visit.  However I
expect we'll have our hands full at the breakfast, so the 27th might not be
a good time.

In the days after  the breakfast we will need to work with some of the
newbies to get them past the things they don't quite know how to deal with.
The Executive Committee can handle some but not all of this.  If you would
be willing to mentor a newbie or give an invitation to your shack to get
more ideas about getting started and asking some of the questions that need
to get cleared up, please send me an email at w2wg at comcast.net .    We need
to respond quickly to those who come to the breakfast, and having that list
at the committee's  fingertips will be a tremendous help.

We can always use more hamfest help at the SEDXC table.  In fact, I believe
Gary has a few unfilled slots.  Please come by and help us work the crowd.

73 & CU Saturday

Bob W2WG