[SEDXC] 10-10 Mobile Event Friday night in Mountains of North GA

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 09:46:02 PDT 2010

Starting at 00:01 Saturday(that is 8:00 PM Friday Night to normal folks) the 24 hour 10-10 mobile event will be going on.  A group of us will be mountain topping north of Atlanta Ga Friday night.  Look for us at 28.330, 28.345,.28.375 and 28.400.   Plus where ever else we spread out to.

I cannot give you a good count on Friday night stations, but at least 5 have shared their plans to be out there.  I am betting there are more who are not telling.    Rumor has it someone may try Brasstown Bald out???

Vertical antennas are best, but do not under estimate how well your wire works on long ground wave.   Plus there may be a mobile or two with dual polarity antennas while stopped..... .

Best traffic will be first 3 hours of event.  Look for me calling CQ at 28.375 at the start of the event from a high spot on the Gilmer, Dawson and Pickens county lines.  After the first hour or so I will be moving south through Forsyth, Cherokee, to a high spot in North Fulton Co,   Remember, every time a mobile changes counties you can work them again for a new contact.

We will be out again Saturday morning mobiling to the KARC hamfest.  I have a high spot picked out in a new county near the ham fest  for a 10M "talk in net"  Look for us on 28.330, with for over flow  to 28.375 .  We will have a parking lot net from 8am to 12noon at the hamfest on 28.330, with a table inside for eyeball qsos.

The pack rove will be on the move in the afternoon. 10-15 new counties may be covered.  Listen on 28.330 for the group to change counties and call for other stations once the group contacts are made.

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo. com

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

.