[SEDXC] GQP update.. Bits of news.

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 06:05:49 PDT 2010

GM
At Kennehoochee hamfest, most of the clubs indicated various operations being planned.
Some public "FD like" events, a few rover possibilities, and other station activations wer mentioned.
The outlook is pretty good for April 10/11.

A local 10-10 chapter has just had a mobile event, and we may see a rover plan from one or more of those folks.

Newly Announced Plans:
Dick, K2UFT, will Deal from Dekalb, home, part time.

Jeff, KU8E will Holler from Harris, part time, if family travel needs allow.

Mike, NE4S, makes a rapid rover run thru Lamar, Pike, Upson, Crawford, Peach, Houston, Bleckley, Pulaski, Bleckley, Twiggs.  On Saturday.
Sunday is open for a trip to try to cover other open areas.   This route can be adjusted for fit with other rovers.

Have I missed anyone?

Closer to home here in central GA, we still need a lot of central counties to be covered.
The SECC and SEDXC have many members in these areas,
We need folks to look at the map, and chime in with their plan for some activity.
Time is short and we are looking pretty thin this year.
Please consider....

Remember, it does not take a 2 day effort to play.
Just a dozen or two Q's, and your log will put your county in the active list.

For an EZ logger, see www.w4gkf.com/gqp/.
Chaz' logger runs in Windows, in a DOS window, and has worked very well.
Also, http://www.qsoparty.org/html/wingqplite.html WinGQPLite is in the EZ category.
With these you send your own code, and tune your own radio, no hookups.
A proper Cabrillo file is produced to send in.
These two offerings would appeal to the more casual operators, the folks I just asked for help above.

More news as we go...
Thanks to all who so generously help us make GQP a fun weekend.

Mike, 73

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 2010 is on April 10, 11th, Join the party.
See gqp.contesting.com !
Be well