[SEDXC] [SECC] Yamaha CM-500 Headphones: My Story

Gregg W6IZT w6izt at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 13 09:14:22 PDT 2011

In general the large PC gaming market has enabled manufacturers to produce
high quality headphone/microphone combinations in high volume and lower
cost. The Yamaha CM-500 seems to be the most widely accepted by the ham
radio market.(there are many to chose from). As others have noted the mic
response of the CM-500 is flat and they work best with a TX with an
equalizer to shape the audio response. I use a pair with my K3 when
operating SSB. For CW I prefer my Sony noise cancelling headsets.

73
Gregg