[SEDXC] GQP tidbits from the weekend

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 05:20:28 PST 2011

>From this weekend's notes:

A correction, the LaGrange folks will make extra effort on Lee and Terrell.
(Telfair was in the note erroneously)
Thanks LARC.

I need to mention that the 1x1 callsigns for the K4OD and K4BK awards have all
been assigned.
The last ones were tied down just recently.
We Have 18 folks planning operations.  (W/K/N x 6)
See http://gqp.contesting.com/WriteUP/K4OD%20Awards/k4od_awards.htm for details.

We have a lot of Rovers on the list, but only a few county routes.
Greg, NM2L, and I hang back to fill gaps at the last minute, but anyone with a
trip in mind could check the map and set a route.
The map is at http://gqp.contesting.com/MapOfCoverage.htm  copy me or Greg or
post at listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org.

If anyone has an idea for a special program for this year, or would like to
sponsor something special,  contact me and we can give it a go.
(All of the Plaques, Gavels, Prizes and Certs will have new inscriptions to
highlight the 50th.)

On the air plans:
Bruce, AA4Z will make Ether Echoes from Effingham.
LP or QRP CW  with possible mobile forays to his neighbor counties if they do
not check in.

Dwight, WA4TII is going to be Rockin' the Radio in Richmond.   From Home.

Ian, AK4ID, is planning to Fan the Flames from Fulton, at home.

Colquitt County Ham Radio Society will be operating WD4KOW at the QTH of W4CCS..
A Cool Collection of Colquitt Characters are joining the fun.

Thanks to the folks sending in plans, it is very helpful.

Are you in one of our "Rare" counties, or one with no activity planned?
Help us out, plan a few hours of fun on April 9/10 and let me know about it.

73,
Mike, NE4S

 Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules