[SEDXC] Taking ham gear through security

W5JR - Mike w5jr.lists at att.net
Mon Feb 28 10:55:05 PST 2011

On my trips to KH6 with the IC7000, I have similar experiences. Some TSA agents want to see everything while others appear to be disinterested. The most difficult ones I've encountered were in Kauai. The TSA process is you are supposed to pull out all electronics, such as the laptop rule. I still get questions and after mentioning amateur radio, a few were very concerned that I intended to transmit while onboard. Have paperwork at the ready.

tnx
Mike / W5JR