[SEDXC] I too have

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed May 4 15:04:13 PDT 2011

I don't have to worry about an amateur radio tag.
Several years ago somehow the law got changed
and since my wife's name is first on the title I cannot get a amateur radio
or any special tag.
I talked to the tag office and they won't let me change the title.

Same goes for the exemption from the metro inspection requirement.  The
exemption is for anyone over 65 whose car is at least 10 years old.
I finally got one in the wife's name.  Talking to my state reps did no good
and neither did talking to
the Governors Office of consumer affairs.

You better make sure to get the vehicle in your name or have your name first
on the title which is hard to do as joint ownership puts her name first
by state law.

Dave K4JRB