[SEDXC] RFI LIGHTING

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Apr 5 13:07:40 PDT 2012

If I didn’t already have enough RFI to worry about from all the new electronic household devices, this showed up on the Topband Reflector.  I know it had to be just a matter of time before the new age lighting would be generating RFI.  I am all incandescent and intend to stay that way to preclude any more RFI.  I know I will have to stay ahead of the game and keep and healthy stock of them as they are phasing them out little by little.  I probably have enough on hand now to last the rest of my lifetime. HI.  73 Mike K4PI

I bought two  LED  40 watt equivalent 110V. light bulbs from Home Depot that use
only 9 watts of power, for $9.99 ea.

They seemed like a good deal but cause noise interference on 160m and the FM radio band.
(I did not try other bands.)

I like the bulbs but best use them away from your radio station and have someone turn them off and on while monitoring your favorite frequencies/bands.

73,

jim / W1FMR
The RF noisy LED bulbs were purchased at Home Depot
in a special display near the door.

Ecosmart™  LED bright white A19  #864 680 for $9.99 ea.,
40 watt equivalent, dimmable bulbs using 9 watts of energy.

jim / W1FMR