[SEDXC] Dell Inspirion 4100

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Fri Dec 7 13:25:27 EST 2012

As long as we're talking about Dell computers....

I recently procured a used Inspirion 4100. At first things were good. then it started shutting down. A computer savvy buddy said the fan isn't turning causing it to overheat. Anyone had a similar problem? Looked on-line and found a source for the fan/heatexchanger for $15 plus s/h.

My main reason for getting this computer was a REAL RS-232 port...I've tried USB-to-RS 232 converters with less-than-favorable results. Hence the need for a true 232 port.

Suggestions??

73
Rich Arland, K7SZ
Author, "The ARRL's Low Power Communications, the Art and Science of QRP"