[SEDXC] Low Band RFI

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 22:41:58 EST 2012

Hello Everyone,
    Since I've been home, it's been a mad rush before Christmas to get antenna work done in the backyard. While everything is almost done, I now have a new problem: RFI. While testing on 160 yesterday and tuning the amplifier up on 80M tonight, I've had some horrendous RFI - to the effect that my home alarm system thinks there is a fire in the house whenever I transmit with over 300 watts on 80 or 160 - VERY NOT GOOD! What really gets me is - when I was home for Thanksgiving, I was having no problems running 1000 Watts on CW on 80M - somethings up...
    Before I call the alarm company, does anyone have any suggestions?
73,
Michael
W4MJA