[SEDXC] Uncovered some SEDXC History Yesterday

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 19 17:55:26 PST 2012

I seem to recall someone being appointed SEDXC Historian several years ago.
I would think the SEDXC stuff would go to the historian.

Geat stuff Mike,  I remember meeting K4LFC when I moved over to Atlanta at
the ham fest held at the GA Tech parking lot in 1973.  As I recall he lived
on Mount Paran Road.

73 Dave K4JRB

Michael Almeter, W4MJA said....

Hello Folks,
I was lucky enough to uncover a piece of SEDXC history yesterday while
helping out a non ham buddy of mine. I have an friend who owns the former
home of Bill Harp, K4LFC. In helping clean out the house yesterday in
preparation for some new renters coming in, they asked me to take a look at
some of the amateur radio things Bill left behind.
What I found was of interest to me - old log books, tons of QSLs, and other
assorted ham information. Some interesting stuff to look over. This is what
really got me - I have the original club roster and bank balance book of the
SEDXC from 1958-1969.
In 1958, dues were $2, and at the end of the year, the club had $74.04 in
the bank. I recognize a few calls out of this book, most are SK's, but one
in particular sticks out - John, K4BAI. John has been paying dues to the
SEDXC since 1960. WOW! Way to go John!
I have not found any more things from the SEDXC, but if I find any, I'll be
sure to let you all know.

73,
Mike
W4MJA