[SEDXC] Uncovered some SEDXC History Yesterday

Hugh Valentine hsvdds at juno.com
Sun Feb 19 14:36:33 PST 2012

I was licensed in 1956.  John  never heard me because I had a dipole laying on my roof shingles(hard to believe I didnt burn our little house down).  And I didnt have SSB or AM. Those were the Big Daddies up in Atlanta...W4YWX lived nearby and had a real antenna.  He worked the DX.  I used to check in to the Atlanta Teenage Net with my squeeky voice as K4LRO(Little Radio Operator-weighed 49 pounds at age 13).
Girls wouldn't talk to me so I found some hams.

Val