[SEDXC] Noise on 12 meters

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 13 10:28:20 EST 2012

The noise is gone (from 12) and so is JX9JKA.   I have a nice portable so
when it comes up gain I can listen for it on a decent antenna.

I did listen on my UPS for about 10 minutes with the power cut to the house
(I have a main switch).

I suspect it is some tool or TV in a house in the area NE of me.  I know
when they turn on their nicrowave as it is much louder than mine.  This is
different and unlike most switching power sources the noise sits and does
not move.  I have an Alinco 32A and it has an adjustment to move the noise
generated.  So far not in any ham band thank goodness and it only radiates
50 feet or less.

73 Dave K4JRB