[SEDXC] Headsets...

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 00:09:22 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone,
    I'd like to get a feel for what everyone uses for a headset. For the last several years, I've used a Heil headset with the HC-4 element which is labeled the "DX Dream Machine". While this is certainly a fine headset, I'd be interested in what the rest of the group uses? I know Heil offers a wide selection of microphone elements, and I'd like to know if anyone uses the "rag chew" mic element (I believe it's the HC 5 or HC 6)? Anyone else using a non Heil product? I'm looking for a product that has enough of an edge to it that it can break through pileups, but something that can fit right in to a rag chew...  Any thoughts?

73,
Mike
W4MJA