[SEDXC] Alabama Lighthouse weekend, Oct 5-7, 2012

n4xp at juno.com n4xp at juno.com
Sat Sep 15 13:21:57 EDT 2012

KJ4RAQ is planning a light house operation in Mobile Bay, Alabama and is
looking for participants.  If interested contact him for a nice
presentation  describing the planned operation.  If interested contact
Warren at his listed contact information below.

Tom  N4XP

>Here is the latest information on the Alabama Lighthouse Weekend.  I
have modified the presentation about the Alabama Lighthouse Weekend,
reference the >attached file.  We could use additional operators. Anyone
who wants to join us is welcome.  We have openings in a 3 bedroom condo
near Ft Morgan for those >who want to stay overnight.

>You mentioned you could list the information on the Contests Website
when we last spoke.  If the offer is still available, please distribute
this information to the >contesters and other clubs as you deem
appropriate.  We want everyone to know that we will be operating the
first weekend of October to support the Alabama >Lighthouse Association
in their efforts to repair and preserve these historical lighthouses. Not
many people know about the Alabama Lighthouses.  We hope to >bring more
attention to these properties with this event. If you have the
opportunity, encourage fellow members to contact us during the Alabama
Lighthouse >weekend.

>We will be operating 3 stations; K4L for Middle Bay Lighthouse, W4L for
Mobile Point and N4L for the Sand Island Lighthouse.  We are considering
giving a >certificate to those who contact all 3 stations.  We may be
resource limited to offer the certificate; we are still working the idea.
 We are designing the QSL cards >and the QRZ site now.  There is a lot to
do.

>If conditions allow, come and join us at the lighthouses.  Hopefully we
can make contact during the weekend.   I appreciate your time ans
assistance with this >event.