[SEDXC] NOISE OF THE DAY

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Sep 18 18:30:05 EDT 2012

I had noticed recently I had an abnormally high noise level, S7-8 and on some bands worse.. 30-40 DB over on 160 M.  Finally decided to try and find what was going on.  It did not sound line normal line noise and on the panadapter I could see some stationary peaks every 35 Khz or so.  Got a gel cel I have to run the K3 and powered the house down and the noise was gone.  Bringing each breaker back on I finally found it was one for the bedroom.  To make it short, it was the wall wart for the Comcast box at the TV in the bed room.  Replaced it with one I have of the same voltage and all is okay now.  I will get over to Comcast and change it out, but watch out for wall warts they can really cause some RFI.  I try to eliminate these things in the shack with a standard linear DC supply and stay away from all switchers.  73 Mike K4PI