[SEDXC] TI8M worked

Ken Reid ken at kenreid.com
Mon Mar 4 14:47:21 EST 2013

Hi Group,
I worked both YN5Z and TI8M early in the contest both on 20 meters. If they
were on other bands I either did not hear them or could not get through.
I heard TI8M coming through strong all weekend even when only a few stations
could be heard on 20.
FYI 100 watts and a inverted L up at 65 feet here, with a Kenwood TS-870
168 contacts and 55 countries-60681 score.
My only 160 was Columbia-but I had that already. Also got New Zealand on 20,
and that was my farthest contact.
The biggest problem with hunt and pounce are stations that do not identify
very often, so as you are tuning around and find a station, and then have to
wait a long time to identify it, only find out its one you already
have-ouch.
It sure is great when someone works really hard, and does not give up to get
a dicey contact.
I worked a bunch of deep Europe on 40, and that was a hoot.
Odd how propagation works-all of a sudden you hear a bunch from the UK or
Canary Islands etc
One 6 band and a few 5, 4, and 3 band contacts with the strong stations.
Never heard any Pacific, Galapagos, AK, Scandinavia , Asia or Africa.
Conditions seemed noisy in general.
73
Ken
KG4USN-midtown ATL