[SEDXC] UVERSE COMES TO TOWN!!

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Sat Mar 23 15:22:09 EDT 2013

> Early on I wrote the ARRL about Uverse and they stated they did not think
> it would be an issue with interference.  I kept praying it would never
> come to this area but unfortunately it is here.  I have talked to several
> hams that tried to use it and found it interfered so badly they could not
> co-exist with it.  I am sure there may be some exceptions to the rule.  I
> just hope they can fix this problem.  Unfortunately that will not totally
> give me back 80 and 160 as there is another one further out.  It seems
> most of the energy from Uverse is concentrated in the BC band up through
> 40 M and and little 30 M.

The ARRL better wake up on this.

My Uncle up in Ohio has Uverse in his congested city neighborhood. He cannot
transmit with more than 100 watts without blanking out the Uverse system at
several neighbors and his own home.  He only works local 75 SSB and a little
40M, so he doesn't care about the receiver noise. He can't get on the air
without knocking all the Uverse systems around his house off the air, so he
just stopped operating.

73 Tom