[SEDXC] REMOTE OPERATION

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Nov 6 13:52:56 EST 2013

I have no specific commitment to 40 km/25 miles other than that a 25
radius has been long established in the WAS program.  I do think
anything over 100 miles opens the door to "remote shopping."   However,
tying the radius to the amateur's license location will allow an
individual amateur to operate *his own station* remotely from anywhere
within his own DXCC country and will provide some flexibility in
locating *his own station* - which is what those who advocate remote
operation as a solution to HOA restrictions have been so concerned
about.

The goal isn't to prevent owners of remote stations from participating
in DXCC but to eliminate the "rent-a-station by the hour" abuses.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV