[SEDXC] TUNER CAPS

Jim Worthington jimworth at me.com
Wed May 7 11:25:52 EDT 2014

I think it varies by tuner. On some, the lowest number is on the dial means the plates are fully meshed (maximum capacitance), while on others the lowest dial number means the plates are completely unmeshed (minimum capacitance). My MFJ-949E has the greatest capacitance at dial marking 0, for both capacitors. If the owner's manual isn't clear on how your tuner is set up, you may have to open the case to see.

Jim AD4J