[SEDXC] TONIGHTS MEETING

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Nov 21 07:45:35 EST 2014

Hi Wey, On your comments about some people wanting their money back for FT4.  I don’t think anyone could have done more from out there.  On the Clublog percentages for each continent, that tells a lot.  People have to realize how much “propagation time” each continent has.  The reason EU had a high percent is their “prop time” is way greater than NA.  They have to work what they can hear so for many more hours they are running EU.  Almost every time they had prop they would work NA and asking for “NA only”.  The problem I saw on this one was often the station is not up to the job ie non directive antennas etc and lack of pile up practice.  Pile up practice is something that needs to be done everyday that you can get on the air. Find a pileup and see what it takes to crack it.  It is like any skill, practice is the key.  FT4 was one of the best expeditions for its rarity I have seen since FT5..
73 Mike K4PI