[SEDXC] Remote operation

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Oct 3 11:30:46 EDT 2014

Another thought ...

DXCC Rules prohibit the use of "Repeaters"
 > 6. ... Contacts made through "repeater" devices or any other power
 > relay methods (other than satellites for Satellite DXCC) are invalid
 > for DXCC credit.

Should "Remote" operation - e.g. use of VoIP technology as a "powered
relay" to relay the operator to a remote location - not be prohibited
under this rule?  What is the difference whether the relay takes place
at "baseband" ("audio" input and output) or RF (e.g. a UHF handheld on
a remote base)?  Both involve a powered "relay" function.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV