[SEDXC] K4JRB status and tower work

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 19 13:19:01 EST 2016

I have finished 10 of 12 chemo's for colon cancer. My last treatment will be Jan 11, 2017. My worst days are Saturday and Sunday after I go to Emory St. Joseph to get the carry home chemo (in a bag) removed.

Wald N4PL is taking my tower and he has finished removing the 12 meter X beam and KLM KT-34XA.  My plan is to install 7 straight sections and one shorter pointy section of Rohn 45. The plan is to sell the KLM. I hope to install my 40 meter 2 el Cushcraft 40 above a Tennedyne T-10 regular version on a 24 foot boom.  Looks like it will be well into 2017 to put up the new tower.

The KT-34XA is down and assembled with the 32 foot boom.  I will sell for best offer but you must cart it off. It is working on all bands and I have the latest KLM updates plus a bag of caps and a new balun. I have the original manual and the latest update manual.

I am consolidating my shack and will probably have an IC-740 and Dentron DTR-2000L amp to sell.

I am looking for the Rohn 45 tower sections, a concrete base, a rotor plate, and a plate for a thrust bearing. I have mot called a tower man yet as the old crank up is still in place.

73 Dave K4JRB