[SEDXC] [sedxc] Rohn 45 Projesct. Looking for suggestions

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Mar 28 16:58:14 EDT 2017

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 5:58 PM, Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com [sedxc] <sedxc at yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> 3.  I have never used quick connect connectors for my T2X rotor. There are several in the Hy-Gain rotor parts in the 2017 MFJ Catalog.  I need one for the rotor base and one at the end of the rotor cable going to the shack. Which one do I use?

I used a couple of four-pin trailer connectors for my quick disconnect. I think I got a couple of four-pin trailer extension cables, cut them in half.

The rotator cables goes to a small NEMA box mounted on the tower, and then the trailer connectors join and come out from there. The other connectors attach to the bottom of the rotator.

Went to all that trouble, and I haven’t had to remove my rotator in over 15 years.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901